YOU CANNOT FORCE A WILLING EMPLOYEE ON AN UNWILLING EMPLOYER - ITSEKIRI YOUTH LEADERS FUME
After a thorough review of all the latest happenings in Warri kingdom, vis-a-vis the renewed trend of sacrilege and anagonism against the prestigious throne of Warri Kingdom by some unscrupulous elements, the Leadership of Itsekiri National Youth Council (INYC) led by Comrade Weyinmi Isaac Agbateyiniro in a well attended meeting held on Saturday October 16, 2021 with all Youth Presidents of all Itsekiri's indegenous communities from both Delta and Edo States as well as Media influencers, the following resolutions were reached and agreed to be issued out to the public after a motion was moved by Comrade Henry Olley, Youth President of Gbokoda Community and Seconded by Comrade Abraham Oporu, Youth President of Orere Uluba Community in Warri South Local Government Area in this regard.
1. it is uncustomary, untraditional, uncultural and unafrican for any Itsekiri no matter how highly placed to be seen or heard discrediting the throne by whatever means. Accordingly, it was resolved that all the youth Executives of all Itsekiri Communities should immediately put machineries in place to resist a repetition of such and where such had existed, redress them.
2. That since you cannot force a willing employee on an unwilling employer, the proclamation of Ogiame Atuwatse III on the 5th of October, 2021 wherein the now former Ologbotsere of Warri kingdom was derobed, remains sacrosanct. The Olu of Warri by all Itsekiri customary and traditional requirements reserves the exclusive possessive rights of all chieftaincy titles in Warri kingdom. Accordingly, it is his exclusive perogative to give, take, suspend, reinstate derobes, affirm and re-affirm. No one contend same with him.
Afomasin!!! Ogbowuru!!! Ekun!!! We forthwith call on all Itsekiri sons and daughters, old and young, far and near to treat the proclamation with all the seriousness it deserves.
3. All Itsekiri Communities and various Organs of Itsekiri National Youth Council have been accordingly directed to put relevant machineries in place to uphold same and invoke conconmitant disciplinary measures on any erring sons and daughters of Warri kingdom.
4. That this August meeting view with consternation the deployment of various social media tools by some unscrupulous sons and daughters of Warri kingdom to undermine the corporate prestige of the throne and accordingly, request forthwith that all parents and guidians should call their wards to order as it will no longer be fashionable in the days ahead to feign ignorance of these actions and inactions of our wards only to jump in later and ask for forgiveness.
5. The meeting also resolved that any further disrespect to the throne shall be considered as an affront against the entire Itsekiri people and shall be meted with the stiffest resistance.